Roon client not displaying properly on Windows 10

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus - version 1.8 - 1 Tb SSD

Running Roon client on a Samsung Galaxy Book Ion with 24Gb Ram & 2Tb SSD
Windows 10 OS Build 19042.1052. All updates installed.

Network Details

Devolo Powerline ethernet to the Nucleus, Laptop on WiFi

Audio Devices

HDMI Denon AV amplifier.

Library Size

12000 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon has stopped running normally on my laptop. It displays with green and blue bars across it so that I can’t read the writing.

I haven’t used it for a couple of months so possibly a Windows 10 update has caused it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. My wife can still run Roon normally on her iMac.

Hi @Tony_Farr,

This looks like a graphics card driver issue.

I recommend going to the GPU manufacturer’s site (not Windows update) and downloading / installing their latest driver version.

3 Likes

Also, what is your Windows PC, desktop or laptop,. Make/model?

It was in the thread:
Running Roon client on a Samsung Galaxy Book Ion (laptop) with 24Gb Ram & 2Tb SSD
Windows 10 OS Build 19042.1052. All updates installed.

Thanks, I will try that.

Sometimes graphics drivers with laptops are locked to the device manufacturer, especially in the case of dual adapters in laptops. If updating the drivers to the latest version does not correct the issue then read this post from a Roon dev:

1 Like

Hey @Tony_Farr and welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I’m very sorry it was due to such an issue! Both @Carl and @Rugby have made brilliant points! Please, let us know how it goes :nerd_face:

Thanks to all for your replies. I tried updating the drivers and somehow rendered the laptop unusable, so I restored from a backup and the problem not currently displaying itself. I suspect that it will reappear at sometime in the future. Will keep you posted.