Roon client on Mac M1 won't start after update

Hi,

I am using a NUC running Roon Rock, latest version(2.0; build 1169):

The Roon client on my MacBook Air M1 (2020), running MacOs 13.0.1 Ventura, won’t start after this client was updated. The Roon client is working fine on my iPad Pro and Windows 11 PC.

I have no reasons to assume something is wrong with the Mac. I see there are topics on Roon icw Ventura but that looks like Roon Server, not Roon client.

Any idea what I could do, other than reinstalling the Mac OS ?

If this was already covered in a different topic, please excuse me.

Weird. I have an M1 MacBook Pro which runs on macOS 13.0.1 Ventura. Roon runs fine here. It is the latest build (2.0 build 1169).

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-10 om 12.34.04

My Core is running on a 2017 MacBook Air.

what happens if you install Roon an a different user account?

Thanks for your reply.

Weird indeed. We both have the Roon client running on a MacBook with Ventura. Are you running Roon Core on the same MacBook?

I have tried installing the 1.8 version which was successful but in order for it to connect to the Roon Optimized Core Kit 2.0, it required updating. And after updating the client same issue, it starts (icon is jumping) but it stops after 5 seconds or so.

I’ll give it a try to logon with a different user.

I have a 2017 MacBook Air and a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro.

My Air is running on its latest supported macOS version (12.6.1 Monterey), as Ventura doesn’t support it. As mentioned before my MacBook Pro runs on the latest Ventura.

I have a Roon Core installed on both of them, but my Air is the active one. Roon on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone connect to it, they are all connected through wi-fi.

The Air doubles next to Roon Core as music player in the living room, while my Pro sits in my office.

Hmm. Are you sure you don’t have a hidden macOS information window somewhere? It happened to me while installing Roon on Ventura. Started the app after installing, but it hung. In Activity Monitor it appeared as having crashed. Turned out macOS had opened an information window if I wanted to open the app for the first time. For some reason it was hidden.

1 Like

Nope, I don’t think I have some hidden pop-up that states what went wrong but I’ll try again to see, or maybe there’s a log file.
Good suggestion that it might the first start-up of the program which I need to approve first.

I’ll have a look.

1 Like

Well, I got it working again. :blush:
I removed Roon client on my Mac, installed the 1.8 version. After starting this older version it updated two times and now it’s working.

No idea what went wrong earlier, maybe Roon files were messed up somehow.

Thanks for the assistance, dank je wel.