Roon client on MacOS CPU load 300%

Help me please! I cannot handle this anymore…

I redid my entire network… everything was peachy for a second or two. And now we’re back to this.

I am utterly frustrated with Roon.

This is my system. Roon Server is a Mac Mini i7 that is a dedicated Roon server with no other tasks. Everything is hardwired to ONE router.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 15.06.17

A major update is rumored to be dropping very soon, hopefully it will also fix your issue.

I don’t know what to say anymore. Seem to me like really bad software development. Updated everything to the latest versions… all the network is hardwired to one and the same hub. There is no excuse for this mediocrity.

Hi @Ernst_Jan_Holscher ,

Sorry for the delay in response here. Can you please navigate to Roon Settings → Library and set Background and On-Demand Audio Analysis to off? Do you still see this high CPU after? Are there any file-importing tasks happening in the background?

Hi Noris,

Thanks for your reply. I turned both those tasks off and restarted the client. There doesn’t seem to be any change in the CPU load. I’ve also tried a different network topology, with the Roon Server, the Node 2i and My Desktop Mac all hardwired directly to the Router (bypassing the extra hub/switch).

Living room setup with iPAD Roon Client and BluSound Node2i as playback device works perfectly. But my desktop Mac really doesn’t like the Roon client for some reason…

best,

EJ

Hi @Ernst_Jan_Holscher ,

Do you have any DSP enabled? Is the behavior the same with DSP turned off? Can you please let me know the exact local time + date when you see the big CPU spike? I can check to see if Roon is doing anything interesting in the logs.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.