Roon closes when the "spinner" is clicked during the import process

Hi,

I am experiencing many problems when trying to importing music to my rockna wavedream net. For example, if I try to import a album of 9 files, after finishing copying 7/9 of them, all of a sudden it will go to 8/18. The file to be copied is doubled which is pretty confusing. And the number after the slash will increase to a even bigger number. Another issue is that, after updating to build 269, when importing music, if I click on the rotating circle on the top right corner, the whole software will breakdown and I have to open roon again.

My computer is win10, cpu is 6700k, motherboard is maximus viii impact.
My roon core device is Rockna Wavedream Net

Thank you

It’s WIN10 64bit Roon on my computer

Thanks for the report @Kaiwen_Zhao – sorry for the trouble here.

I can see the issue here and we’re going to look into this:

Can you post a screenshot of the Storage tab in Settings? Also, can you tell us where your music is stored?

It is a linux debian system

I am still thinking that if this importing problem comes from my rockna net or my computer. I am confusing where the data is stored before the album is copied to the local storage in my device and classified by the roon metadata. Maybe the problem comes from the roon core in my rockna net and has something to do with the cache.

Hi @Kaiwen_Zhao ---- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested feedback!

Moving forward, we have went ahead and enabled diagnostics on your account which will help give us some additional information about this behavior you are experiencing. Furthermore, I have taken out a ticket with our developers who will be heading up the investigation into this issue.

Once my report has been updated and passed back, I will be sure to share the team’s thoughts/ findings with you in a timely manor. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

1 Like

I get the problem. Roon cannot find my ssd/hdd connected to my rockna net. I am copying file to the system disk which is only 9GB. When all capacity is used up, all the problem shows up… However, I am not sure the missing ssd/hdd problem comes from Roon or my Rockna net. I am sorry for this. I need to contact with Rockna audio for further check.

On the other hand, there is still the problem that I cannot check the process of importing in build 269.

I just learnt a little bit about linux and find out that the first problem completely comes from the ssd drive without partition. The linux partition is different to that of Windows. I and the former user of this Rockna net both copy files to path under root which is a big mistake. Sorry for reporting the problem caused by my own mistake.

And I am looking forward to future build of Roon that can fix the problem of breaking down when clicking on importing icon on the top right corner.

Hi @Kaiwen_Zhao ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the observations you have made during your troubleshooting of this behavior.

To bring you up to speed, I have adjusted your ticket slightly to address the behavior being reported, in regard to the application closing when the spinner is selected (during import). As mentioned previously, once I have better sense of the team’s progress I will be sure to update this thread accordingly. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric