Roon + cocktailaudio x45

Hey guys, having the following setup running.

Core= qnap nas
Audio= cocktailaudio x45

Controlled by ipad pro - roon installed.

I see everything, apart from the fact that it seems like that the x45 is not certified but the real issue is i am not getting sound. Selecting a track on the ipad will display the track on the x45 but no sound. Any idea why?

Thx

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you play to other endpoints besides the x45 do things work okay for you?

Hey Dylan, I don’t think it is the network since I can play music from my iMac (core sits on the QNAP) nicely. I also see that the cocktailaudio is not certified, maybe that is the reason? Do note that I see the cover and the music plays on the cocktailaudio, its just no sound

How is volume control configured?

Normal. Nothing changed. I can listen to music from iPad controlled at iMac or even on iPad.

I think it’s a cocktailaudio thing.

Don’t be so sure. Double check your settings and try different audio options.

I have N15D net play no problem

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for this device as well as a screenshot of the Signal Path in Roon when playing to the device?

Dylan, I made the call to sell the device. Will go for the NAD M10 now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.