Roon compatibility with NAD 7050

I am using a iMac as my core computer and a PS audio direct stream dac as an endpoint. I also have a NAD 7050 integrated amp set up in a second system and I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to play Roon through the NAD. However that was two or three weeks ago and recently the connection was lost. I am assuming that the nad was able to pick up room due to its airplay capability but this is mostly conjecture on my part.
can someone please enlighten me on how I can make this connection work again

You are correct in thinking that the NAD is able to be seen by Roon because of Airplay. If the NAD no longer shows up in your Audio Setup, I would suspect that there is a communications issue. the following are a list of things to try:

1. Turn off Firewalls or Anti-virus on your Roon Core machine as a test to see if the NAD shows up again. If it does, then you need to add Roon and Raat to your firewall and anti-virus whitelist
  2. Verify that the NAD and the PC are on the same network subnet, ie, the first 3 numbers of the IP address are the same: for example, 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.22.
  3. Power off the NAD
  4. REboot the Roon Core machine
1 Like