Roon Connect to Ready NAS

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC running ROCK

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hard wired with E-Net using Unifi Hardware

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Rock is connected to NAS over E-net and to Benchmark DAC

Description Of Issue

ROCK will no longer connect to NAS, Had no problem till today. Ran for 6 months unit now…

Files on nas are available in explorer but ROCK can’t see them

Hi @Dave_Kuttler,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Setting -> Storage tab? How are you connecting to the NAS, via hostname or IP Address? If you are connecting via hostname, does connecting via IP Address work?

The error is “unidentified error” at the bottom of the storage screen.

I did a reinstall of rock, re booted all network equipment including firewall and nas. No change. I am able to reach the drive through windows no problem with name.

Finally tried IP address in rock and that worked.
Still need an answer for name as this it’s a dhcp setup for nas.

Hi @Dave_Kuttler,

Glad to hear that IP address worked!

Have there been any changes on your network configuration recently? Did you add a new switch or reconfigure any connections?

New switch, no configurations options. Same model and type as the failed unit.

Hi @Dave_Kuttler,

Did you restore the previous switch config on the new switch?
What is the exact model of the switch?

This is the switch, it is connected to the unifi security stitch. There are no vlans configured or traffic management. Same config as before.

The UniFi switch 8-port models feature Gigabit Ethernet ports in a compact form factor. The switches are fully manageable, delivering robust performance and intelligent switching for your networks.

Release Date: August 2016

Brand: Ubiquiti Networks

Feature: PoE, Gigabit Ethernet, VLAN

Type: Switches

Switch type: Managed

Number of ethernet ports: 8 ethernet ports

Ubiquiti USG Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Security Enterprise Gateway Router with Gigabit Ethernet The UniFi Enterprise Gateway Router with Gigabit Ethernet from Ubiquiti Networks is designed to be implemented with compatible UniFi Enterprise Systems to provide routing and security to your local area network. With three Gigabit Ethernet ports and the ability to route up to 1 million packets per second this gateway is a versatile networking tool. Features such as an improved user experience and the ability to obtain an overview of your network allow you to manage nearly every aspect from mapping out subnets to provisioning additional UniFi devices. You can even create LAN & WLAN groups per UniFi device for greater control over large network deployments.

Hi @Dave_Kuttler,

Can you try adding the NAS share again in Roon via Hostname and let me know the exact local time + date when you try adding it? I would like to then enable diagnostics and check to see if there are any further clues located in logs.

ok, is there anything I need to turn on or off before I try this?

Hi @Dave_Kuttler,

No, there’s nothing you need to turn on. You should try adding the share again as a watched folder (with the credentials if needed) and just let me know the exact local time + date (e.g. 11:24AM on 11/15/19) you attempt to perform this step. After knowing the timestamp I can enable diagnostics which automatically compiles a log package and uploads it to our servers.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.