ROON connection to Seagate via iphone8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

inuous Zenith MK3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Arris router WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
Through my iphpne8 i am trying to gain access to my music on my Seagate Central NAS drive via ROON’s Network Shared Location. ROON does not see the NAS drive despite that I can see all my music via my iphone via FileBrowserGO. When I enter the IP address of the NAS drive (either CIFS:// or AFP://), ROON indicates “UnexpectedError”.
Please help.
Thanks, Greg

You should be using smb:// and it clearly states this in the add network example.

Hi @Greg_Shark,

Thanks for reaching out to us here! For you to add your Seagate NAS to Roon, you would have to specify the SMB location or the hostname location (as per our Add Folders By Path Guide). Typically this would be inserted as one of the following:

\\MyNASDrive\Multimedia\Music
or
\\192.168.1.120\Multimedia\Music
or
smb://MyNASDrive/Multimedia/Music
or
smb://192.168.1.120/Multimedia/Music

Can you give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Thanks,
Noris

My Seagate was formulated incorrectly. I got it to work with smb://192.168.1.120/Multimedia/Music Thanks, Greg

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.