Roon Consistent Core Startup Issue

Environment / Setup

Core version 1.7 build 555

iMac 2.5 GHz Core i5 running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 with 12GB memory.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple wireless Airport Extreme

Description Of Issue

Hello Roon Support Team,

I have noticed that ever since applying the latest build / update, whenever I shutdown the Roon Core and restart it, I get two error messages (see attached screen shot). One stating that This Album was not found, and the second error is the famous Tidal login failed error.

The Album not found error resolves as soon as I begin using Roon, (select Overview for example or any other library option. As I’m sure you know, the Tidal error when upon hitting retry requires a login to your Tidal account which resolves that error.

These are more of a nuisance and not a big deal. Just wanted to pass them on.

Thanks, Phil

Hello,

I think I just figured out the This Album was not found error. I shut down my Roon Core and started it up again but this time it did not get a Tidal error and also no Album error.

The Album error was because the last Album I was viewing before I shut down must have been a Tidal album.

So I guess we’re just back to the intermittent Tidal login error. Not a big deal. Focus on the bigger issues.

Thanks, Phil

Hi @PhilG,

We are aware of an issue that affects some setups that results in TIDAL failing to log in after Roon is restarted. We have an improvement coming in our next release to address this. We are still testing this release so I can’t provide any specific timelines, but keep an eye out for a release soon!

Hi @dylan,

Sounds good. I appreciate the update.

I enjoy using Roon and listening to albums streamed from either Qobuz or Tidal every day. Just a GREAT app for music discovery and playback.

I have a little over 1,500 albums in my library plus a good number of playlists (most of these albums / tracks are not saved to my library), not to mention a History of 6K+ plays. The most recent backup size if a little over 2GB. Just wondering if that sounds right? Are there any limitations to size of collection / DB?

Thanks, Phil

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.