Roon Constantly Dropping Connection to 5 Remote Speakers

Hi Folks,

Getting so frustrated with this problem. Almost everyday Roon drops it;'s connection to my 5 remote wireless speakers. I reboot, restart the entire network, reboot my Google Mesh network, restart Roon and it may or may not re-establish awareness of my 5 wireless speakers. AT&T recognizes them, Riva Wand, recognizes them, Google Home recognizes them, but Roon does so only randomly. Had all 5 working yesterday—and now only one is recognized. They do not show up to be enabled, tried that. They just aren’t there. Yes, they are all on same IP. I can play them from ITunes music from my phone, but again, Roon will not stay connected to them. Spent hours unplugging, restarting, etc and they finally all connected. GLORIOUS. Then this morning all gone again.
Help! This is so aggravating, just trying to chill and listen to some music and then spend an. hour to to re-establish connection to Roon server.

Running an Intel NUC as my Roon core. Using Google Nest wi-Fi and an AT&T Arris Gateway. These problems have been occurring only for the past year and a half and seem to be getting worse every week.

Tried every combination of of things I know to to try. Please advise. Thanks.

PS: My Riva Arena speakers sound great, but the company went out of biz I believe and offers no new support. No way to contact them. On a Mesh network with Google.All Chromecast.

Thanks,

John H.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Hey @John_Huffman we’re so sorry for taking this long to reply, please accept our sincerest apologies! I truly appreciate your patience and would be happy to help troubleshoot this issue with you.

If you haven’t already done so, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your firewall. You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Additionally, can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab? What model of Chromecast are these devices?

Are these 5 speakers grouped together in the Google Home application, as well? If so, could you try to ungroup them and see if they show up individually in Roon?

Thanks so much!

Hi Ashley,

No worries in the delay getting back to me. However, it was unusual because it is usually very fast.

Turns out my problem was my ATT Gateway. I bought a new router and deactivated the router and wi fi in the gateway and everything seems to work great now!

Much better connectivity and Roon recognizes all of my end points pretty consistently. Not sure now if it was ever really a Roon problem.

Thanks again!

John

1 Like

Thanks so much for the update, @John_Huffman! I really appreciate that you looked into that - how great that it fixed the issue. Be sure to let us know if it returns and we can continue the conversation.

We have had quite a few requests since the holidays and are working to reply to everyone as soon as possible - our apologies for the extended response time!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.