Roon constantly spooling trying to add music to library - metadata improver paused

Roon Core Machine

I have a Roon Nucleus, version 1.8 (build 988) stable
I interface to the Nucleus through my iMac that has Roon vision 1.8 (build 988) stable
Both of these versions are the most current.
The iMac is running Catalina, version 10.15.7, 3.4 Ghz quad core intel core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I have a router supplied to me by my internet provider.
It is working properly. I have no issues with any other software, computer activity, streaming on my network.

Connected Audio Devices

My music is stored on a Qnap drive connect to my Roon Nucleus through my internet.

Number of Tracks in Library

I have 30,000 tracks , 90% own and have loaded the CD’s

Description of Issue

I have a Tidal account and I have been able to add music to my library fine since I purchased my Nucleus earlier this year. For the last 3 days, I have added some music tracks from Tidal to my library. For the last 3 days there is a little blue circle in the upper right area of my Roon window that is constantly going around and around. When I click on this circle I get the message below. I added the screen shot… The message essentially is saying that it is trying to add 77 tracks but has identified zero of them. There is a message that says “Roon is having trouble verifying your connection with our servers, so metadata improvement has been paused. Check your internet connection and make sure that you’re running the latest version of Roon.”

I have checked this and I am running the most current. I have shut down my entire system, Computer, Roon, network etc) and rebooted but the spinning circle and message remains the same. It has been spinning for 3 days and there has been no progress in updating my library.

Can you please tell me how to fix this issue. When I add music it does add it to library but there is no picture of the album cover and other information.

Thank you for a quick response.

Doug

Hi,

Check out this page from the Roon’s Help site …

Hope it helps you to resolve this issue.

Hey @MN_Man,

Ben here with the support team, I wanted to quickly follow up and see if you’ve had the chance to dig into the help article @Carl supplied above?

Let me know if you’re still running into issues, we’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.