Roon continually crashing on iPad

Roon Core Machine

Mac on big sur on 3.4mhz quad core intel i5; 8meg ram; fusion drive

Networking Gear & Setup Details

virgin cable hardwired into streamer with speed over 100 things a second on 5G; mac hireless 5g

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX2 ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

several hundred only

Description of Issue

App crashes frequently during use with no obvious cause although music keeps playing. No problems with Naim’s app or Qobuz. Am running simple Eq with 2-bass reducing filters only

Also every time I pick the iPad up your app takes 15 seconds to rebuild the page as it was rather than simply returning to where it was

Hi @John_Carlyle

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having problems with the Roon Remote app on your iPad. Are you having these problems on any of your other iOS remotes?

Please start with a simple full reboot of the iPad. If this doesn’t help please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on that device. You can also go to the Roon app in Settings on your iPad and toggle on Reset Roon Remote on next startup to see if that helps.

Please let us know if this helps with your issue! Thanks

The app still crashes frequently and always rebuilds the page slowly each time I pick it up which is frustrating. The iPad is a few years old and running 12.5.5, which is the best you can accept. Is that an issue? If not is there a risk that you will stop running Roon on this iPad in the foreseeable future? Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.