Roon continually trying to sync Qobuz library resulting in massive delays or no playback at all

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Macbook Air / Roon up latest build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
BT Smart Hub 2 / wifi and ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Devialet Expert Pro and Devialet Phantom wireless speakers

Description Of Issue
Roon seems to have difficulty syncing Qobuz library causing massive delays and sometimes no playback at all. Tidal works fine.

Hi @Nick_Roome,

How often does this issue occur? Once a day? Once a week?
Is there any change in behavior if you log out and back into Qobuz?

It happens when I open Roon and at regular interval whilst listening. Also if I add an album to the library. I have logged out and back into Qobuz with no difference.

I understood that Roon scanned and synced libraries in the background but it doesn’t seem to do this, and in addition it can take several minutes to complete the sync.

Hi @Nick_Roome,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date you next experience the syncing issue?
I would like to enable diagnostics mode after getting this info and check your Roon logs.

Hi, Thanks.
It did it when i opened Roon today 31/7/2020, at about14.20 uk time and took about 9 and a half minutes to complete. It was fine then until about 18.20 when it took about 9 minutes again to sync. Systems seems to jam up then stop until sync complete. Outside these episodes all seems fine.
Nick

Hi @Nick_Roome,

Thanks for letting me know that timestamp. I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action should have done is automatically upload a log set to our servers for analysis, but I am not seeing this log being delivered.

Can I please ask that you use these instructions to manually send me a set? If you have any issues accessing or don’t have file transfer services, just let me know.

Hi
I have the log zip file on my google drive but not sure how to get it to you. Apologies im not very savvy with this stuff. Just want to listen to music !

Hi @Nick_Roome,

No worries, I’ve followed up via private message with an alternate upload location.

Hi @Nick_Roome,

Thanks for sending those logs over. I took a look through them and I’m seeing quite a few networking-related traces in your log, meaning we should focus on the network, here is an example of the issue trace:
[easyhttp] [421] Post https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/track/reportStreamingStart? web exception without response: : System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.

How exactly is the Core connected here, is it WiFi or Ethernet?
If you try using only Ethernet for the Core, is the issue the same ?

Hi. Thanks. The core is connected via Wi-fi. My MacBook doesn’t have an ethernet socket. I guess I’ll have to buy an adapter and try that.
However, can u explain something to me as I’m no expert. If it is a network issue, why, whilst Qobuz is once again scanning its library for an album, I can select the same album on Tidal and it plays ?

Hi @Nick_Roome,

Testing with an Ethernet adapter is a good test to perform, do let me know if that changes anything.

You can also try clearing out your Roon Cache, perhaps this will help:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

HI. Connected via Ethernet. No difference. Went cache file empty when opened. Still getting same issues.

Hi @Nick_Roome,

Thanks for trying out the Ethernet connection and clearing the Cache.
As for next steps, I suggest we try a complete reinstall of Roon on the Core.

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Set up the database as fresh
  • Verify if you run into this issue for a day/two
  • Restore from backup after this test has been run

apologies just found this reply in my junk mail for some reason.
anyway, the new version seemed to sort out all the issues. Please feel free to close the problem.
Many thanks

1 Like

Hi @Nick_Roome,

Happy to hear the issue is solved, closing as per your request!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.