Roon continues to crash

I’m running Sierra 10.12.1 on a Retina iMac. Just downloaded this morning and have horrible clicking and software keeps crashing. I am running a optical audio to my Yamaha receiver. Any help with the two issues?

Hi @Ron_Lewis ------ Thank you for the report and my apologies for the issue(s). Can you please confirm if you are using “exclusive mode” in your audio settings?

Furthermore, to help aide in my evaluation of your problem can you pease expand on the description of your setup as seen here.

-Eric

I am running Roon core via my iMac which is running the latest OS. The system has 8gig of ram. 3.1 processor.
I have the iMac connected to a Yamaha AV receiver RVX473 via toslink through the headphone jack.
Receiver is connected to a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 600 series speakers.

I see no access to exclusive mode available. I looked for that after reading some post.

Hi Ron,

Can you post a screenshot of your Settings > Audio tab? Also, click on the gears icon next to your Denon zone and select settings. Post a shot of the General tab and Playback tab, if there is one.

To take a screenshot, use Command-Shift-3 simultaneously and it will put a pic on your desktop. Just drag the pic into your message.

Cheers, Greg

Hey Greg, thanks for the help. Here are a few screen shots of the system.

Hi Ron,

I assume the Yamaha is in the Office.

The second screenshot is what I’m interested in. But I need a couple more. Click the gears next to Office and post a shot of the General tab. Then click the Playback tab next to it and give me a shot of that too.

Cheers, Greg

Thank you!

rl

Hi Ron,

I assume you use the Yamaha to control volume.
Could you change CoreAudio Mixer to Fixed Volume in the General tab and click save. See if that helps. If not, try clicking Set Max Device Volume too.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Cheers, Greg

Fixed volume seems to have fixed the issue! Playing now and no clicking. Can’t thank you enough, really like Roon and wanted to utilize.

rl

2 Likes

Hi Ron,

Great to hear. Enjoy.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like