Roon Control not working Win 10 Pro [Resolved]

HI - I have a new i7 Asus laptop with Win 10 Pro and it won’t run Roon. it has run fine until today, We have another desktop with Win 10 Home and it works, asus i7 laptop with Win 7 pro is fine.
Has there been any incompatibility issues with Win 10 Pro and Roon? I have reloaded Roon several times and it freezes on opening and I can’t even set it up.
Any tips to get this going?

@support @paul_osullivan Paul you might like to read through this and start gathering info to feed back to the support guys.

Paul, check to see if there has been a Windows update; they have been known to break things.

Just a thought, but if it’s freezing on you, you could try uninstalling the 64bit version of Roon (which I suspect you have at the moment) and install the 32bit version instead. During the uninstall process, elect to keep your settings and data…

Hi @paul_osullivan ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are appreciated!

I wanted to touch base and see if any progress or new observations have been made here. The other users in this thread have made some good suggestions (:thumbsup:).

• Providing any additional information that you believe is relevant to this issue you are experiencing based on the article shared in the post above.

• Certainly check for any recent automated Windows updates, as we have seen them cause issues in the past.

• Testing with the 32bit version of Roon installed.

-Eric

Eric / all
tried 32 bit, 64 bit , firewall off, no go ,just can not load. this has been working fine until a week or ago. it must be a windows 10 pro update that roon does not work with.
so what now , not a fan off going back on updates, does roon know of any issues here and what about windows 10 pro, do they know of any issues regarding some program(roon) not working - their does seem to be a bit of talk on net about this last win 10 pro update.
-paul

Hi @paul_osullivan ----- Thank you for touching base and my apologies for the wait.

Moving forward, our team can certainly take a closer look into this behavior by trying to reproduce the same behavior in house and in light of this can you please provide me with the following information:

1. Please confirm what update is currently installed?

2. Can you provide us with your Windows update history?

-Eric

Eric ;
follows update history;

Updates for Windows 10 Version 1703
Windows 10 is a service, which means it gets better through periodic software updates.

The great news is you usually don’t have to do anything–updates automatically download and install whenever they’re available.

On the left side of this page, there is a reference to all of the updates that were released for this version of Windows. Installing the most recent update ensures that you also get any previous updates you might have missed, including any important security fixes.

About the Windows 10 Creators Update
Looking for the Windows 10 Creators Update? When it’s ready for your device, you’ll receive a notification asking you to review your privacy settings before downloading the update. After it’s installed, your device will be running Windows 10, version 1703.

Can’t wait? See Get the Windows 10 Creators Update for info on how to get it now.
Related info
Windows as a service - Overview
Windows 10 release information
Windows Update: FAQ
Microsoft Surface update history

Windows 10 Version 1703
KB4025342 (OS Build 15063.483)
KB4022716 (OS Build 15063.447)
KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413 and 15063.414)
KB4020102 (OS Build 15063.332)
KB4016871 (OS Build 15063.296 and 15063.297)
KB4016240 (OS Build 15063.250)
KB4015583 (OS Build 15063.138)
KB4016251 (OS Build 15063.13)
Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016
Windows 10 Version 1511
Windows 10 (initial version released July 2
window 10 pro 64 bit ,
version 1703.
thanks .
regards paul

@paul_osullivan How did you get the list of updates in text mode to paste here…I would like to post mine as a comparison for you…I also run Roon and Win10Pro and am not having issues and all updates are done. mine is a desktop i7-7700 install not a laptop mind you and it is running as a server but the remote still works run on the same machine.

My install was a Win7Pro 64 bit upgrade tho…in case that makes any difference

I suspect it’s a cut and paste job from this page:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4018124

It’s linked to from the Update history screen in Windows 10…

Thanks Geoff… I see this is the Creators update… that I don’t have :blush:

I’ve running the Creators update since it came out without any Roon issues.

Another possibility If Roon is freezing on load, it might also be a graphics bug. Sometimes video drivers ( as well as others) get updated in a Windows Update as well. I would download the current drivers available on the Asus site and re-install the graphics drivers.

Sorry, Daniel, we’ve been there, done that (see earlier in the thread)…

Eric ;
i / no my company it person has fixed it . delete roon and all data , folders , and some other stuff ,
and reloaded and IT WORKS .
so i dont know how and why, but delete AND clearing , resetting data, folders fixed . what happened and how . i dont know .
thanks everyone for help and feed back

1 Like