Roon Core 1.7 (build 610) stuck initializing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Linux devbox1 4.15.0-118-generic #119~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 8 14:54:40 UTC 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

The box is a VM running on a QNAP TVS NAS with a connection to a QVS bridge that is linked to the main ethernet interface which plugs into a Ubiquiti switch that my client is connected to by cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I believe at this stage audio devices are irrelevant. Roon was working fine until last evening when the VM was rebooted and there is nothing obvious in the logs.

Description Of Issue
Hi,

For the last 20h Roon clients cannot connect to core. Attached the logs here:

http://s.go.ro/c991lile | password: 908952

ZIP password is the date of my subscription renewal (month with first capital letter and day - ie. Dec19)

Please advise.

Hi @Valentin_Vladescu,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Roon is running on

root@devbox1:/# uname -a
Linux devbox1 4.15.0-118-generic #119~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 8 14:54:40 UTC 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The box is a VM running on a QNAP TVS NAS with a connection to a QVS bridge that is linked to the main ethernet interface which plugs into a Ubiquiti switch that my client is connected to by cable.

I believe at this stage audio devices are irrelevant. Roon was working fine until last evening when the VM was rebooted and there is nothing obvious in the logs.

24h without service. this is just ridiculous considering the price that your beloved Rebeka / @accounts insisted included @support

Hi @Valentin_Vladescu — Apologies for the delay here! Our team strives to respond within 1 business day whenever possible. We work Monday - Friday during the day US Eastern time, so sometimes requests that come in toward the end of the week are not able to be answered until Monday. We will always get back to you as soon as possible!

We have passed the logs to our QA team and we will review with them and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

So let me get this straight? I pay for one year… you won’t give me a cent of discount off lifetime but then the product does not work for 5 entire days and you can’t be bothered? is that how it works?

Hello @Valentin_Vladescu,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here! I can confirm that we were able to retrieve the log package you sent and we requested our QA team to review it.

QA mentioned that there is not much information contained in logs, but having the Core running on a VM may be part of the issue, as we have seen mis-configured VMs cause issues in Roon, especially if the VMs contain a “Deep Freeze” kind of feature.

Since you have a QNAP here, have you by any chance tried to native RoonServer package on it yet?

I would give RoonServer from the QNAP store a try and see if it works, let us know!