Roon Core app shutting itself down

I have started seeing this issue over the last couple of weeks. I am running a late 2013 i7 imac with the latest version of OSX. Every few days the I cannot connect via the remote and I go the the core mac and roon is not running anymore. HQPlayer stays running but Roon is shut down. There is no error message, no unexpected shutdown message.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Does anyone from Roon watch these and respond?

@support
Tim needs your help.

Thanks Henry!

Suggest to @support maybe this be merged with this thread: Crashing on mac quite regular; once per day

Seems the same issue.

@support
Am I just on my own now? Is there any support available here?

Hi @Tim_Clardy — Thank you for the report. I see from your first post a day ago you have already provided us with some details of your setup. Thank you for that information.

Moving forward, I would like to grab some logs from you and will be contacting you via PM with instructions. In the meantime, could you please provide some further insight into this crashing behavior you are reporting.

• Have you ALWAYS experienced this while working with Roon?

• If this is a recent observation, can you identify any changes that have been made to your setup or core machine?

• Do you notice any patterns or behaviors that make this reproducible?

The more information you can provide to us, the better.

-Eric

I don’t recall this ever doing this until I upgraded to 1.3. This has been happening for the last few weeks. The only change made is the upgrades of Roon versions. I have been on MAC OS 12.2.2 since it came out.

There is no rhyme or reason. At least once a week I go to listen to music in the morning and it will not connect. I find the app is not open anymore on the core machine. This happened yesterday and I noticed it by seeing the monitor on the core machine no longer displaying Roon, HQ player was showing. No error messages or unexpected shutdown messages. The app is just closed.

What logs do you need me to get for you?