Roon Core at second residence?

I would like to know how to use Roon while out of home in my second residence.
I use an laptop and a phone.

Shall I install a new core in my laptop or could I get an app for the mobile?
Will I get there my internet library?

Thanks for help

Install the “full blown” Roon software on your laptop to run the Roon core. Copy your music files to a USB SSD.

My 2-home home arrangement is as follows: a fanless server with 16GB DRAM and a 4TB SSD, running Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS (I guess I could run Windows but I prefer Linux), running RoonServer. I carry it in a Pelikan case between the two homes, plug it in to the respective LAN, and that’s it.

I just have two ROCKs. I don’t back up the second home one ever. About 3-4x/year I bring the external music SSD from my second home back to my primary home and copy over it with my latest “full master”, and when I get back I restore a backup from my home machine to my 2nd home core.

FAQ: Does it keep my listen counters up to date? Nope. Is it simple? Yes. Could I achieve a more subtle version with automated backups and file transfers? Yes. Is that worth it to me? No. Would I love it if Roon had a simple way for me to do this passively, so long as a never was logged into 2 cores simultaneously? Hell yes. Is it fine for now? Yes.

1 Like

You and just about everyone else on this forum. A second residence or work setup is a popular request.

Please, could you clarify? What is it that “full blowm” software, is it the standard package ? If I download a new packae for my laptop, can I get it withouth paying again?

1 Like

You can have roon installed as many times as you like but can only have one running at any time. You authorise the server instance you want to use.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.