Roon Core Audio & USB DAC Missing from Mac OS X Core Settings Audio

Using Roon 1.8 Build 943 on Mac OS X Core with High Sierra 10.13.6. Audio devices such as Sonos and other Roon end points show up and work fine as usual. However the iMac Core Audio & connected USB DAC are missing. Both show up and work fine in MIDI settings but won’t show up in Roon Settings Audio. I have updated, power cycled and rebooted the Mac, Roon & USB. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Moved to support

Hi Ged,
It looks like you moved this to support although I don’t see a way to engage. Can you recommend a way to help figure out my issue, here is an update.

My Roon Core 1.8 Build 943 (now 952) sits on an iMac OS X High Sierra 10.13.16. My USB DAC and iMac Core Audio have disappeared from Roon-Settings-Audio. Both Built In audio and the USB DAC work and both show up in the iMac’s MIDI Audio Settings.

I have updated, unplugged, power cycled the iMac, Roon and DAC with no change. I also posted in the Community where Geb replied “moved to support”. I have spent hours researching on Google and did see a post from earlier this year stating this issue. Maybe the issue was resolved on newer Mac OS X but mine is older.

Everything worked fine until after one of the Roon updates, although I can’t say which one. Thanks!

I’m just a user and moved it to the right area but the last apple computer I used was in 1983 so… :smiley:
Support or another user will be along though support don’t work weekends.

Hi @Jeff_Symonds ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we’ve been a bit short-staffed and are catching up on the queue.

There was a known issue with Roon audio devices starting around that time, and the latest Roon release has a fix included for this. Please update your Roon version or install the latest Roon version from our downloads page:

If this still does not resolve the issue, then a reinstall of RAATServer (program used to keep track of audio devices) needs to be reset. You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.