Roon core connection issues

For some reason, over the last 24 hours I’m getting constant messages of lost connection on my roon windows app.

My core is a Nucleus+ (in a separte location), and I stream via fast-speed ethernet to a roon-ready Bricasti M3 streamer/DAC roon end point, using a Roon app on a separte Windows PC on the network (also connected via ethernet) for pure user interface to control the music playing.

While I’m getting the error message (see screen short below) which blocks my access to the roon app due to some disconnection from the core, the music itself continues to play. So this does not seem to impact the streaming, only the access to the core to give it commands (i.e. an app connection issue).

This is frustrating, and I wonder what may be causing this issue and how to fix it. Thanks for any advice!

As in a different remote location connected by VPN? Or, as in a different room in the same house?

All locations in the house, all under same local network, all hard wired via fast (1G) LAN. Nucleus+, Bricasti, Windows PC - all separately connected with Ethernet to same router on network. Safest configuraiton possible. Has been working well for a year. Started to get these messages today repeatedly. Thank you

If I run into such problems wired, my first idea today would be to shut everything down in an orderly fashion once up to the router and then reconnect step by step from the router, server, remote, etc.

1 Like

I would restart the modem and router as well, can’t hurt

1 Like

Hi @goldwerger, so sorry for the delay in our reply! Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We wanted to check in and see if you’re still having issues connecting to the Nucleus? Were you able to try any suggestions that were offered above?

If you’re still having issues connecting, could you first please try changing your DNS and doing a full reboot of your devices and router?

We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

1 Like

it’s been 3 weeks… I resolved it since…

by process of elimination I determined this was a network switch problem, which I solved by rewiring on that end

thank you…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.