Roon Core Crashes cursor movement

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Version 1.7 build 511 on iMac Mojave (new machine)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

fios network Ethernet into iMac no wireless

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet to USBridge to Dspeaker X-4 DAC
My IMac died 10 year old Crashed HD. Bought a new machine today. Moved to new machine Mac OS Mojave I-5. Music stored on an external drive and I do use Tidal. Control music playing via Ipad, no issue. But at the IMac as soon as I move the cursor over the Roon app to do anything Roon crashes. I have rebooted the new IMac and this still happens. Other apps work just fine when the cursor touched their respective screens…weird…help

Hi @Gocubs42,

Are you using a fresh database on the new Mac or have you restored the database from a backup? I suggest that we try setting the old database aside and reinstalling Roon to see if it helps, can you try these instructions?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the same behavior works on a fresh database (do not restore a backup)
  • If the system is still stable after a day or two, attempt to restore one of your backups

Thanks starting with your recommondations

1 Like

So I did the new Database and no issues with the cursor issue. Then I went back to the “old” Roon database, and everything is good. I don’t know what happened but I’m good to go…thank for the quick response and help

1 Like

Hi @Gocubs42,

Glad to hear the fresh database helped. Strange that the old one works as expected, if you have any further issues do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.