Roon Core crashes every couple of weeks

Roon Core Machine

iMac 27" Late 2012 running Catalina 10.15.7
3.4 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7
RAM 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Running version 2.0 build 1223 and nothing else on this machine.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No VPN, Running WiFi from a Netgear Orbi RBR750 Mesh Router
Music Library is on the iMac which runs the Core

Connected Audio Devices

Devices I’m using are Sonos speakers and ports via airplay

Number of Tracks in Library

8000 tracks

Description of Issue

Every couple of weeks the Core crashes and can’t be found from the remotes.

You could try setting your iMac to reboot once a week - perhaps 7am Monday morning. That may deal with your problem - this is a ‘try it’ solution rather than a ‘this will work’ solution. Good luck.

What would cause it to crash so often with nothing else running on this computer?

Jan, if that’s aimed at me, there are far too many possibilities, particularly when I don’t have your computer in front of me. Computers crash, old ones more than new ones. So I’m suggesting a work around.

For context, going back a little in time, it took Microsoft 3 years to realise they had a bug in Windows 95 that would only let it 30 days without crashing. Mac OS9 used to crash 3 times a day on me. Things are better these days, but not perfect

Thanks Dominic. Appreciate the help.

Hey @Jan_Stahl,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for your patience while we work through each thread. :pray:

I wanted to follow up this thread to see if you by chance had the date and time the last time you experienced a crash? If not, please jot down this information the next time you experience it, and share it here.

I’ll be on the lookout for your reply. :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.