Roon core crashes everytime I open it on my computer

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Computer with Roon core
Win 10 64X
CPU: I5 3550S
RAM:8G

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

network is ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB DAC weiss DAC501

Description Of Issue

1.6 ver Roon works good on my computer. But after update to the latest version, the software crash everytime I start Roon. The screen is frozen as it was last time and cannot be clicked or action,
with my phone Roon remote, the audio can be played well. That’s really weird since my computer keep Roon crashing. The screen is as attached.
Pls kindly help fix it.

Hello @YEN_WEN_CHEN,

Welcome to the forum!
Is there any change in behavior if you try to reinstall Roon?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if issue occurs with fresh database
  • (Optional) Restore your backup created in step 1

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Core Freezing

Following the way
Roon can run successfully after rename the folder
But software still crash after setting database folder. There’s no reply when I am in the page choosing output device and zone.

Is there any report or log I can sent to you?

It’s really bothering me

Hi @YEN_WEN_CHEN,

Can you please note the exact local time + date of the next crash and send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? Perhaps they will have some further clues.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PPOcdQ-J8g2s4vWxzLk2UUxYNtlBwud7/view?usp=sharing

Hi @YEN_WEN_CHEN,

Thanks for sending that over, but it doesn’t contain enough information about the crash.

Can you let me know the exact local time + date the crash occurs at and then send all the logs from that folder?

Latest crash occurred at 2020/8/15/ 3:32

Actually every time I open it it’s always crashed in my computer roon core
When it happened, the software is frozen in my computer but can be remoted and played normally by my cell phone ROON software (while my computer roon core cannot do anything as well)

all the log file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1saqTYCjirQIv41aEvfCT-2WWG9_Zoude/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hi @YEN_WEN_CHEN,

Thank you for sending those logs over and for your patience until I had a chance to review them, I believe I’ve located the issue.

It appears that Roon is crashing when trying analyze a file, the path to it is:
F:\music\2013-06-07 鄧福如 - 天空島\01.無限度自由.mp3

Can I please ask that you move this file out of your watched storage locations (so that Roon cannot scan it) and let me know if that resolves the issue?

If it does resolve the issue, can you please send me this .mp3 file so I can forward it to QA for further testing in Roon? Thanks!

removing the file didn’t solve any problem and now the Roon just shut down every time I open it. Within 30 seconds !

Though, I think it dosen’t matter with that file anyway.
Pls give some useful info ASAP…
The communities cannot let me post any link to you
is there any other way???

They said I am advertising???

Hi @YEN_WEN_CHEN — It looks like the software that we use for our forums falsely flagged some of your links as spam, but I’ve corrected this.

Thanks for giving what Noris suggested a try — Can you send another set of logs now that you’ve removed this album? It’s possible that there are other files that may be exhibiting similar issues and another set of logs should clarify this.

Thanks!

Not a good idea to post this kind of info directly on the forum.

Sending links in a PM is a better idea.

Hi @YEN_WEN_CHEN,

Thanks for sending this new log set over!

I am seeing some errors which need clarification from our QA team, so I have escalated your case to them.

Once QA has had a chance to review and provided feedback, I will reach out here once more, thanks for your patience!

It has been 5 days after sending the Log message.
The software update itself to 610 build and things got worse

Every time I open Roon core it just crush within 20 seconds and the album arts are all blank.

Hi @YEN_WEN_CHEN,

Thanks for your patience here while I’ve had a chance to consult with QA regarding your case!
QA has noted that it looks like you are crashing due to graphical issues when trying to display an object.
For next steps, can I please ask:

1. That you try to run the Intel Update Tool:
  1. That you update your graphics card drivers from your Manufacturer’s site

2. If issue is still the same, please open Windows Start menu and type in “System Information”. Then, share a screenshot of System Summary and Components -> Display

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.