Roon core crashing when browsing or playing music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 i7 laptop (Lenovo X230) with 16 GB if memory and a 1 TB SSD.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired ethernet to Core. Wireless to non-Core endpoints.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB DAC attached to core, BlueSound speaker connected via wifi, HP Laptop via wifi, all with the same symptoms.

Description Of Issue
My Roon core is crashing. This first started occurring when attempting to play local files after about 10s. Now it occurs even when browsing my library, or simply starting Roon. It happens independent of which endpoint I am using, including when outputting directly from the core to the USB DAC that is attached to it.

I have been running Roon for four years. Earlier this year I switched from a Mac Mini to the laptop. I had to reinstall Roon when I upgraded to Windows 10 on this laptop, but otherwise have had no issues with it until now.

I added some new music (two albums) to my local library this week. Not long after this the problem started. Otherwise I haven’t made any changes to the system that I am aware of (there was an update on some devices recently but I think Roon worked fine after).

Hello @Paul_Barclay, my apologies for the frustration here. Could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Also, could you please let me know what graphics card your PC uses?

I will try to get to the logs soon. I reinstalled Roon and recovered the backup. This solved the crashing for now. But no cover art appears on the Core controller. Graphics appear fine on the remote controller.

Graphics card is an Intel HD 4000.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.