Roon Core disconnects from Android after album ends

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Macbook Pro 13" 2016

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT Smart Hub

Description Of Issue

During the day I often use my Pixel 2 (running the Roon Android app) as an audio zone for the Roon OSX app (integrated core/remote) on my Macbook Pro. This is simply out laziness as it lets me keep my Bluetooth headphones paired with my phone and still use Roon (until they get the “Roon on the Go” app out).

Often the Pixel 2 audio zone disappears if I stop playback for a few minutes - no problems there I can just reopen the Android app to have the audio zone reappear. However I’ve noticed that if I disable Roon Radio so that playback will stop at the end of an album/playlist the audio zone will disapear as soon as the album ends. This is frustrating as I think have to reopen Roon on my phone to play another album/playlist.

Hi @seadowg,

Do you have any power saving settings or anything like that enabled on the device? Can you exclude Roon from those settings? Does that help at all?

Ah I thought I’d disabled everything but I’d forgotten I’d recently nuked my phone. Turned battery optimization off for Roon and will report back if that helps.

1 Like

Hi @seadowg,

I just wanted to check in and see if things have improved after making this change. If you’re still having issues please let me know!

It feels like disabling battery optimization has helped. It’s a bit of a hidden setting though so potentially the app could prompt you to do this?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.