Roon core dissapears

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

older i5 4500. 8gb ram. Windows 10 with recent updates. No other programs except windows defender - old work computer I was hoping to use only for roon core

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection. Netgear orbi 2 sats

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge CXN
3 sonos speakers

Description Of Issue

I continually lose connection to my core. It is up and running fine. Cannot see it on my android, or ios apps. Remote connection accepted. All windows energy saving off. Nothing I can see in bios that would be doing this.

Restarting and reinstalling apps in phones does not help. Only solution reinstalling roon on my core which I have done 5 times. Roon core plays music fine and connects to all devices. Roon controllers just cannot see the core. Happens after a brief time perhaps an hour. All works fine initially and then loses core again.

Thanks

Check your windows firewall, default settings are restricting some Roon processes. Let everything Roon related pass through the firewall should do the trick. If you only use this PC as Roon Core try installing ROCK on it, should work pretty damn fast on a i5 4500

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.