Roon Core doesn't remember network player

Hi, here’s a rather nasty thing: when my IMac (host of Roon Server) goes to sleep and wake up again, Roon can’t remember the network player (Linn DMS) anymore. I need to re-start the IMac, than everything is working fine again.

Anything I can do to fix this behaviour?

Best
Bernhard

Hi @Bernhard_Krusche,

By this do you mean that Roon sees the device but wants you to enable it like new, or it’s not seen at all?

If you reboot the Linn instead of the iMac do things appear correctly again?

Hi Dylan, Roon sees no network player. In “Audio” I can only choose Build-in Output (which is my Mac), and Linn Songcast (which belongs to my Mac, too).

And it makes no difference if I reboot the Linn or the IMac - tried it both, no connect. I need to restart the IMac, than everything works fine … hm.

Btw: is there a “Wake on WLan” Option within Roon? It’s not very energy friendly to keep the IMAc all the time running …

Best
Bernhard

Hi @Bernhard_Krusche,

Moving forward with troubleshooting I’d like to enable diagnostics on your account. First I was hoping you could reproduce this issue and note the time that the Mac wakes and you confirm that the Linn no longer appears in Settings > Audio. Respond here with that time and we will enable diagnostics.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

Just to get your question right: Roon core is on iMac, iMac goes to sleep after some time of inactivity. Roon is on Mac (same for any other device I use), I wake up IMac manually, than start Roon on Mac, Roon is able to connect to Core, but won’t find the Linn anymore (empty zone with message: please choose zone / player) - I start looking for my Linn in Settings > Audio, but there’s no network player available …

Wakeup time for iMac is few seconds, and the Linn doesn’t show up in Settings > Audio at all.

Does this answer your question? And please feel free to enable diagnostics in oder to check what’s going on …

Best
Bernhard

Hi @Bernhard_Krusche,

Thanks for the clarification! The next time this happens (the iMac wakes and the Linn is no longer showing up) can you make a note of the time that you wake the iMac and respond here with that time? Having an exact timeframe to look at where this behavior occurs will help the team to better identify what is happening in the diagnostics report.

Additionally, can you confirm that, when Roon is in this state, that you can play to this Core machine outside of Roon? Can the iMac see this device over the network when Roon isn’t in use at all?

Hi Dylan,

that’s easy - IMac needs about 6-8 seconds to wake up. IMac runs without external screen, but I can see Roon looking for it’s core. This procedure works quite well - and doesn’t take too long. And there’s no Linn from beginning on - it’s always like this:
Core initalizing, core found, no Linn available.
Reboot IMac, core initializing, core found - Linn available.

Best
bernhard

Thanks, @Bernhard_Krusche!

I’ve enabled diagnostics on your account and, once the diagnostics report comes through, I will be passing it along to the technical team for analysis. I’ll be sure to keep you updated receive their feedback.

Just to verify, when Roon is in this state, that you can play to this Core machine outside of Roon? Can the iMac see this device over the network when Roon isn’t in use at all?

Hi Dylan, just to let you know - I’m on the road until mid of March, so I won’t be using Roon in order to continue our fact finding mission until than. I’ll come back to our topic the moment I’m online again …

Best
Bernhard

I had the same problem. (iMac (Mojeva) + LINN DSM)
This problem has occured only when wake up from sleep.
So, I changed Hibernate mode from 3 (Safe Sleep) to 0 (Sleep) = Avoid standby mode.

$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
This problem no longer occurs.

I hope it helpful.
Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.