Roon Core doesn't see Bridge anymore

Core Machine (Windows 10, Roon 1.8 build 764)
Bridge: 1.7 build 571. On “About” Bridge is showing and says the software is updated. PC is Windows Server 2019. Headless machine dedicated to playing audio only. Connected to USB DAC, which is showing connected as usual on Control Panel.
Network: both machines on ethernet.

This system has been running for a long time. Used it last Sunday. Today I turned it on and the Core doesn’t find the audio device, despite Bridge being running there (I access that PC through TeamViewer), USB DAC showing connected, etc. Things look normal on the Bridge machine. I usually use Roon from the phone as remote and don’t even turn on the screen of the Core machine, and today I accessed Core thru the computer and find a different layout…maybe an update that isn’t allowing the system to connect?

Frustrating. Just wanted to listen to some music on Friday evening.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Horacio

Sadly, I restarted both computers and now Roon Core doesn’t start. The Roon window attempts to open, I see a window with black background and the Roon icon with the moving lines just stays there…left it for 30min and nothing. Restarted again and got the same.
FWIW, upon startup I opened the Task Manager and see Roon taking 460MB of RAM, initially takes a fair amount of CPU %, then after 20 secs or so goes down, like if it was going through the startup process and stabilized, but doesn’t work.

Been using Roon for some years and never had this…it was tyically stable.

Any chance to get input from Roon Support?

@Daniel_Morgado
Thanks for the tip on another thread!!
It was Tidal signing in somehow screwing things up.

Really sad Roon Support didn’t care to even pretend to care to help, since Friday. Oh well.

Hello @Horacio_Lewinski ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Thank you for letting us know that you have been able to resolve this issue with @Daniel_Morgado 's help! We have a ticket in the team’s queue regarding this issue, I will also add your report to the ticket!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.