Roon Core dropping connection to remote when music library offline

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

CORE = MacMini 2012/16GB RAM/SSD/Debian Install Latest build/Roon Core latest build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NETWORK = Hardwired CORE at Router (Edgerouter ER4)/ORBI WIFI Network to remotes/ALL FIXED IP’s

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

AUDIO DEVICES = SONOS using SONOSnet Mesh/All SONOS optimizations done

LIBRARY

LIBRARY = NETWORK Attached Server running WINSERVER2016 (Hardwired to ORBI Satellite)

Description Of Issue

So I have noticed an odd behavior with Roon and accessing my local music library.

My music library resides on a network attached server (WINSVR2016). The data exists on a raid array that powers down after some time of non use. The raid spins back up when accessed although this can take about 20 seconds before it can be accessed.
No problems there - standard behavior.

However, if I open up a Roon remote (PC, iPhone, Tablet all the same), and try to access the music on this raid array BEFORE it has become active again, the Roon remote drops and says it cannot find the core. That screen stays up for about 8 seconds or so then the main screen for Roon reappears.

Please note, I do not have any other issue with my system. It is stable and my networking is solid. No issues with streaming via Tidal either.

My question is, why does the remote lose connection to the CORE because my music library isn’t yet online? The music library itself should not be related to the connection to the CORE. Surely it would either just be delayed pending the availability of the library or at least give me a warning saying library not available.

Why is it it dropping connection to CORE at this time? - the CORE and my library are on two separate computers. This is the only time I see this issue.

Hello @Sean_O ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

We’ve lopped in our Technical Team regarding your query, thank you in advance for your patience here while this reached their queue!

1 Like

Hello Roon,
This is still an issue. If my library has “gone to sleep” I lose connection to Roon.
I have even changed location of library to be hardwired directly to Roon core. Still breaks if my library is offline for a short while.