Roon core failure in synology NAS DS918+

FWIW, After moving to a new home a month ago, just today I upgraded my Synology DS1520+ to DSM 7.0.1-42218. I also uninstalled my prior version of RoonServer and installed version 20211105, specifying my music and database folders as usual. Package manager reporting it is running.

I also am having the same issue many are reporting in that the room app on my phone is stuck in what I think is the loading state…white screen with black half circle left and lines on the right changing length.

stuck for a long long time.

Prior to these upgrades, Roon was working flawlessly and was stable for a long time

Chris,
Thank you soooo much!! It is back working. I must have screwed it up when I reloaded. I went and looked at it again, and totally forgot that the music was in a folder called…wait for it…Music LOL! So once I got that sorted out, reloaded the newest version, it started up and allowed me to connect. Thanks again for the awesome support!!

Price

Installed 2021130 per Chris’s web site. Unpacked the spk file (ran manually) Its loaded and can be seen the package center “installed” page only. When you select run it goes green for only a few secs and then sez Manually Stopped.

The files did not unpack in the directory.

I have triple checked everything can’t find anything in the history. Looking for suggestions.

Can’t run Roon without core…
Thanks,
Mason

Running DSM 7.0-41890

This topic was automatically closed after 28 days. New replies are no longer allowed.