Roon Core Freezing

Did this solution fix this freezing issue? I have the same problem

Hello @Robert_Jenkins,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Windows 10
Acer Swift 3 - AMD Ryzen 5 with Radeon Vega mobile Gfx 2.1 Ghz 20 Gb RAM
All drivers up to date
No issues with windows 10 performed scan * sfc /scannow*
Ethernet hard wired connection from Hyuwei router - HG630 V2
USB out to SMSL M500 DAC
Balanced XLR output to Elac Navis ARB -51 Active speakers
One source only streaming from TIDAL
All power sources via Audioquest Niagra 1200 Power Conditioner

Just to be clear , the screen freeze, only occurs if the sleep , in windows power options, is enabled.

Have you updated the graphics drivers from Acer/AMD rather than windows update?

Hi @Robert_Jenkins,

Thanks for that information!

So just to clarify here, your Roon app only freezes when being woken out of sleep mode on Windows?

How exactly does Roon look like when this issue occurs? Can you please share a screenshot or short video?

I would also check to make sure you have the latest GPU drivers as per @ged_hickman1’s suggestion.

I decided to restore my laptop to past system build that was a couple of months ago.
Re-installed ROON
Ran another function test and once again the screen freezes after waking up from sleep!
The functionality of ROON is all other respects is perfect -Its just this freezing bug!

Hi @Robert_Jenkins,

Can you please answer my previous question?

Roon freezes when display turns off also .
As well as when sleep command is enabled.
Its immediate .after awakening form sleep.
All drivers are up to date.
I have disconnected the ROON app from my primary laptop and reinstalled onto an old Toshiba satellite and ROON does not freeze-This is over wifi.
So I would say that is indicative of a bug or conflict in my Acer laptop

Hi @Robert_Jenkins,

You could try performing a reinstall of Roon on the Acer:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Already performed a re-install -To no avail

For your information I have also restored my Acer laptop to a previous build -Before TIDAL and ROON.
But the positives are , I am learning more about ROON and its interaction with TIDAL and am enjoying the experience. So I will be subscribing after my free trial.
I just hope down the track a solution to this freezing issue will be found.
I am now using a work around , by disabling the sleep and display shutdown functions in windows power options.
Thanks for the effort so far .

2 Likes

Another positive revelation today - I installed the ROON phone app on my Android Galaxy and was impressed by the remote functionality it gave me.
As a test, I reconfigured my windows power settings on my laptop - Display now shuts down 2 minutes without activity.
Let it shut down .
Normally everything freezes.
But now access and function are retained via ROON Android app !

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Jenkins,

Can you please record a short video of what this behavior looks like and upload it to Dropbox / Google Drive / ect. and post a link here?

Please also note the exact local time + date you record the video so that we can match this up with logs if needed, thanks!

This issue has been going on since day one and has not been resolved and add to that I have to log in with my user name and password on every occasion -really tiresome.
The ROON app is in conflict somewhere with my NEW laptop running windows 10 .
My trial is ending and I have to say it has been a bit disappointing that ROON does not function as I expected

Hi @Robert_Jenkins,

I previously requested a short video of the issue and a timestamp of when it occurs so that we can cross-reference logs, I don’t see that you have replied with this info, so please do share this when you have a chance and we can look into this issue further. I will also follow up via private message regarding you trial.

I have attempted to send video file and was rejected because it is an mP4 -So I converted it to a jpeg and sent , what appears to be numerous images rather than a video.That was 10 days ago.How do i send an MP4? I don’t know whether it is my browser ,chrome that is restrictive ot the ROON app.

I have discovered a work around - If I click on the search icon then close it ,the screen returns to normal -Bizarre

Hi @Robert_Jenkins,

Can you please send the video to the link I private messaged you? Please do not send the .GIF as I am unable to open a 1GB .GIF file, it’s best to be sent as a video instead.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.