Roon Core hangs on startup without error message

Roon Core Machine

Win7 Pro, custom PC, 64gb ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

sonicwall firewall, direct connect hardwire 10baseT connect.

Connected Audio Devices

n/a to problem, core hangs

Library Size

about 5000 tracks, 20 percent on tidal

Description of Issue

Running most current version of core and remote. Working fine after update (a week ago) but now when i start the core it just hangs with the little icon in the middle of a white screen, no error msg or anything else every appears. Completely rebooted my machine but didn’t help. Was working fine until I shut all my apps down to do windows image backup (done daily) - when I restarted the Roon core it hangs.

How can I reinstall or fix and save my playlists and playlist on tracks to get it working again. I hardly ever use the core directly but control my music from a mini ipad running Roon remote.

Completely down right now - Please help

A post was split to a new topic: Roon hanging at startup

hope we get a quick response. I have 4 yrs of effort in my Roon data and I do not want to lose it. Terrible not being able to play any music.

Ronn could at least provide an error message ir if didn’t like something. Nothing has changed in my setup in years.

Probably too late for this advice, but you should Settings==>Backup at least daily.

I have Roon setup to backup to a different drive 3 times per day. Useless right now since I cannot get Roon Core to run.

Not true.

If you really want to Restore, then delete Roon’s old database (how to find it here) and reinstall Roon.

You can either do a Restore at install time or once the new Roon is running.

Is this the official support recommendation on how to solve the problem? Will I have to reconfigure all my inputs and output to Roon or are they restored when the restore is done from the backups?

Hi @Alfred_Linthicum

Would you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

Nope, but you were worried about losing 4 years of data, so that’s why I said this -

No

Yes

Good luck.

Sorry it took me a day to get back to this Dylan. It wasn’t clear who was official support and who was just trying to help. Stumbled my way to finally deleting the Tidal account file and now
Roon starts and runs fine. Had to logon to Tidal again to reestablish that service. Is this a 1 time issue or will it show up again? Thanks again for the help.

For future reference how do I send a private message with a link to a file on my pc. I did not need to do this now, but i may in the future. Should I setup a dropbox account just to have it available in the future? Thanks

Hi @Alfred_Linthicum

It shouldn’t happen in the future, we have a ticket in with our team to resolve this permanently in a future release.

If you click on my name you should see a Message option. Choose this and then just paste a link. You can use Dropbox or any other file sharing service, whichever you choose is totally up to you! If you don’t have any just let us know and we can give other options.