Roon Core/Meridian Endpoints disappearing

I have an intermittent problem with my Roon core disappearing. I am running RoonServer, and the whole library will even disappear when I’m running a Roon remote on the same machine. It often follows the disappearance of one or more of my Meridian endpoints.

The network is hard wired, so it’s not a problem with the wifi dropping off, and nothing else disappears from the network at the same time.

Peter

Hi Peter,
In order to assist the Support devs understand the problem could you provide details about your setup and network as described in this post ?

Are you running RoonServer and a Roon Remote on the same machine at the same time ?

I’n running the current version of RoonServer (Build 65) on a Mac Pro with 32GB of RAM, running El Capitan. Music Files are stored on a Thunderbolt drive attached to the Mac. Meridian endpoints include two MS200s, an MC200, and an ID40. The network is all CAT6 through a NetGear switch, with an Apple Airport Extreme acting as the DHCP server.

If I stop running Roon and reenable my Sooloos Control 15 over the same network then the connections are rock steady for weeks.

I run Roon remotes on the same Mac Pro, as well as several iPads.

Peter

@thompo What Meridian endpoint do you have that goes missing, are you running the latest fw on it?

Cheers

Russ

It’s generally the MS200s that disappear first. As above, there’s also an MC200 and an ID40 on the network. All are using the latest firmware.

Peter

@thompo Can you confirm that you are running the headless server rather than the graphical version, I had similar issues and it turned out to be a resource issue on the Windows pc I was using as the server, reducing the resource requirement fixed all my issues.

Russ

I am running the headless server. But I also run Roon as a remote on the same machine on occasion. To be honest, it doesn’t really cause the Mac to sweat as it is somewhat overspecced for running Roon!

Peter

@thompo So do you only get the drop-offs when you are running remote on the server?

Russ

@ratbert No, it can happen when it’s only running the server

Peter