Roon core Not Responding even though its active

Roon Core Machine

ubuntu 20.04, ryzen 3600, 16gb ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi dream machine pro router. core connected directly to it via ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

windows PC with stereo speakers
bluesound node 2i

Number of Tracks in Library

~ 20,000 tracks

Description of Issue

As of a few days ago i cannot connect to my core on any device. this includes my phones and desktop PC running roon remote. I tried troubleshooting by connecting to my ubuntu server and trying to restart / check the status of the roon server. Also tried restarting my ubuntu server.

When i run: “sudo systemctl status roonserver.service” i get the following:

This leads me to believe its a roon server issue and not a network issue. I haven’t touched my server that’s running roon at all in several months (besides roon updates via roon remote) so I’m not sure what the issue is.

I’m having the same issue on Linux Mint. A temporary workaround is to manually start the server like so:

cd /opt/RoonServer/Server
./RoonServer
1 Like

Thanks @Robert_Spencer1 , your temporary solution worked with getting Roon up and running. Unfortunately it still wasn’t able to detect my core as my previous core, so i had to unauthorize my old one and add it back in even though its the same server. Starting from scratch with importing everything…

You should be able to load a prior backup to save some time and more importantly to save any personal tags, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.