Roon core not seeing Meridian

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus +

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired, Draytek Router, Cisco unmanaged switches

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 218s, 861 and G65

Description Of Issue

When using Roon remote on PC or iOS none of my meridian devices are found. I have spoke with meridian and our IT guys and set up some tests.

1. Setup ‘dummy’ network with dumb switch with laptop, one 218 and Nucleus + all on fixed IPs, Roon does not see 218. I can ping all devices in this setup.
  2. Put network back to normal. Downloaded and setup Roon Server on my PC. Ran PC as server and found all Meridian devices first time.

Plugged in Nucleus for first time 2 days ago and did update as requested on boot up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Craig

Sounds like it could be either firewall related or perhaps a multicast issue with the Cisco switch.

I would get a working setup and then work towards returning to where you want to get to, switching one item at a time.

Make sure any firewalls are switched off for testing.

Thanks for the reply.

Just to re cap. I used my PC as a Server and all devices available? Does that not rule out fw and switch config. Running wireshark I see multicast packets

To clarify, you have a working setup with a pc but switching in the nucleus causes the issue with device discovery?

Yes thats correct

Did you restore from a backup or start a fresh database when you got the nucleus?

Just trying to get a full picture!

It was new database

Hello @Craig_MacLaren, do you still experience this with the Meridian connected directly to the Nucleus via Ethernet? When you try this, could you please reply here with a timestamp (in your local timezone) so I can enable diagnostics for your account? Thanks!

Hi there. Yes still having same issue. I’m not on site now though. I’m sorry but what do you mean re time stamp? Just the time in our region? Thank you

Hello @Craig_MacLaren, by timestamp I mean the time and date you notice the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.