Roon core NU intel i7 - Rock OS keep resetting to login

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC i7
Rock OS : 1.7 latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi to NUC i7

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB to DAC Lampizator Atlantic SE via USB

Description Of Issue

I’ve just recently had this issue whereby after playing over 4 hours - my NUC core OS crashes and resets to the login.
It only happened 2 times recently after the latest update.
Please any ideas to resolve it?

Hello @qafro,

Can you tell me what Model NUC you’re using? I’d also like to know more about your network setup, what router, any switches, etc. Also, can you access the webUI when this happens and take some screenshots of the issue? Thanks!

industrial Fanless PC Intel i7 7500U Desktop Mini Computer Linux Ubuntu 6COM 8USB 2*LAN HDMI VGA GPIO DDR4 SIM 4G LTE
The PC is fine over 1 yr
And I can access the web UI and Route is BskyB over Wifi.

Hey @qafro, thanks for the information! I’m going to enable diagnostics for your account so we can get a better idea of what’s going on. While I’m doing that, can you post some screenshots of what you’re seeing through the webUI so I can add this to the report? Lastly when you see this next, please reply here with a timestamp (your local time) and we’ll enable those diagnostics. Thanks!

Please find the attached image…

Please find the images as requested

Any ideas of resolve?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC i7
ROCK OS : 1.7 latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wifi to NUC i7.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB to DAC Lampizator Atlantic SE via USB

Description Of Issue
I’ve just recently had this issue whereby after playing over 4 hours - my NUC core OS crashes and resets to the login.
It only happened 2 times recently after the latest update.
Please any ideas to resolve it?

The PC is fine over 1 yr
And I can access the web UI and Route is BskyB over Wifi.

Rock server logs:

14:05:31 Warn: [broker/accounts] error loading account data: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
  at (wrapper alloc) System.Object.AllocVector(intptr,intptr)
07/07 14:05:31 Trace: [broker/accounts] Data updated. AccountStatus=NoAccountConfigured MachineStatus=NeedsAccount UserId=<none>
07/07 14:05:31 Trace: [broker/accounts] [heartbeat] now=07/07/2020 14:05:31 nextauthrefresh=07/07/2020 14:00:31 nextmachineallocate=07/07/2020 14:05:31
07/07 14:05:31 Trace:  [broker/accounts]   doing auth refresh, next=07/07/2020 14:00:31
07/07 14:05:31 Trace: [broker/accounts]    doing machine allocate, next=07/07/2020 18:05:31
more
07/07 14:05:51 Warn: Error in web request https://push.roonlabs.com/push/1/connect: NetworkError (Aborted.)
07/07 14:05:51 Trace: [push] request to manager failed
07/07 14:05:51 Trace: [push] retrying connection in 68274ms
07/07 14:05:59 Trace: [appupdater] initial check for updates

Hi @qafro,

This sounds like you are using a MOCK setup and not an official NUC Supported Model. As we mention in our documentation:

Will ROCK run on my existing hardware? How about this other hardware?

We have only tested with the above-mentioned NUCs. It may work with other machines, but the drivers needed may not exist there. Try it out and let us know. We can not comment on whether any different hardware will work, as we have not tested it. We will not make any guesses, educated as they might be.

If you do manage to get it to run, that’s great, but we can not guarantee it will continue to work with future builds. Consider yourself warned.

While we can’t provide specific troubleshooting for this model PC, you might want to try reinstalling ROCK and/or the Roon database to see if that helps. If that doesn’t help, then I would try another OS such as Ubuntu to see if it reproduces the issue. Also moving this thread to #tinkering since this is a non-standard NUC.

Bit confused. Is the server on ROCK and the remote on Linux?

Rock is the server and macbook is the remote.
NUC model is not correctly stated. I will find the real spec which is recommended by Roon lab.
However it has working for a year.

1 Like

It’s a real rock. The Linux box is the client.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know this is a standard NUC model @qafro, I’ve moved the thread back to #support in that case, please do let me know the exact model when you have a chance.

When this happened last time, did you access any specific tab/page in Roon?

Am rebuilding the Rock OS by reseting the OS & Roon Database & Settings.
Update Spec on my Rock core : No Ubuntu installed ,
NUC7i7XXX - v 0046

Hi @qafro,

Which model exactly is the NUC? Do you have multiple networking interfaces on the NUC?
Is there any change in behavior if you disable one of the interfaces and just leave the primary Ethernet active?

I have multi- network interfaces on the NUC and I’ve just left the ethernet Lan on.
Does reinstall the Rock OS from fresh that is format the SSD and start again make a difference ?

Hi @qafro,

I’m not sure I understand this sentence, can you please rephrase?

If I reinstall the Rock OS from the guide https://kb.roonlabs.com/ROCK_Install_Guide
will it resolve the issue?
Also it resetting every 30 mins.

Hi @qafro,

There is one last thing we can try before performing the reinstall if you want, I will follow up via private message.

Did this ever get solved? I am having really annoying resets often now… see Rock just stopped playing and restarted by itself? :confounded:

Check your account roonlab file.

If I can remember
“I’ve to login again in order to get the account_v3 file and I’ve deleted it.
It might be the account file because it says I have an account in use when I login after reset but awaiting confirmation by testing my Roon core.”