Roon Core on Mac OS Sierra cannot mount my SMB drives [Resoved in B161]

Thnx, i’m looking forward to it. When should it be operational?

1 Like

If you want to make the workaround persistent through reboots you can run the following (very long command) in Terminal:

sudo $SHELL -c “crontab -l 2>&1| grep -v “/bin/chmod a+rwxt /Volumes” > /tmp/foo.bar; echo “* * * * * /bin/chmod a+rwxt /Volumes” >> /tmp/foo.bar; crontab /tmp/foo.bar; rm /tmp/foo.bar”

Note that it must be pasted as ONE line into terminal and I take no responsibility for it.

If you later want to remove the fix, in a terminal run:
sudo $SHELL -c “crontab -l 2>&1| grep -v “/bin/chmod a+rwxt /Volumes” > /tmp/foo.bar; crontab /tmp/foo.bar; rm /tmp/foo.bar”

Hi,
tried your script but it throws a
“/tmp/foo.bar”:0: bad minute

in Terminal.
Not being an expert on the comandline, what can I do?

An update, somehow.
My initial problem was that Roon was not able to connect to my SMB share on my DLink NAS. My Mac is on Sierra.
On Finderm, I was able to map my NAS folder but the same did not work on Roon.
Then I figured out that I could use the ‘Local Folder’ setting to browse to my already mapped share. Voila, everything’s working now.

I don’t get that error. Did you make sure you pasted it as one line into the Terminal?

Build 161 just went live with a fix for this, guys.

Let us know if you have any additional issues, and thanks for everyone’s patience.

After upgrading Roon, removing my workaround and rebooting -

Roon works fine without workaround again! Good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

After upgrading MacOS Sierra to 10.12.1 the same issue happened again!

Just did a check on 10.12.1:

Can you confirm that you’re running the latest Roon? What is the exact error message?

It seems to work normally now (status: connected), most probably a temporary error.
Sorry for the inconvenience…

A post was split to a new topic: NAS Issue - “Unable detach Volume”