Roon Core on QNAP folder auto scanning no longer working

I seem to be having the same problem… It worked until recently, but stopped working maybe around the same time as topic starter.

My system:

• QNAP HS-453DX running QTS 4.5.1 (20201123)
  • Roon 1.7 (built 710)
  • Database and music locally on the NAS:

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

This has been solved in few threads already.

For some reason, Roon can’t autoscan from NAS root folder (like your Multimedia folder). You need to add one subfolder and move your media there, then it should work. It’s quick to test by making a test subfolder and moving/removing one album there and see if it works.

1 Like

But isn’t it the point that it used to work?

With my Qnap TVS-873 I suddenly had to login to Qnap Admin account before any folder access was allowed after a Qnap reboot (for last 3-4 months). From Windows or any other OS. That problem was not Roon but Qnap seems to be gone for me since last weeks Qnap update.
Running QTS 4.5.1.1.1495 now.
Glad I discovered and did troubleshooting against Windows much easier. I now actually use another Windows computer for my Roon Core. Backing up files to Qnap instead.

Why at same time discovered drop outs and files being unavailable intermittently were due to Smart disk scans and Raid Scrubbing for data integrity. Any really disk intensive tasks can cause playback problems.

Hi @Garmt_van_der_Zel,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? I’ll take a look with the team and get back to you soon. Please note that the queue is a little longer than typical due to the holidays but we’ll get back as soon as we can!

Thank you patouskii; this seems to have resolved it. Moved my music files from my Qnap NAS DataVol1\Music folder to DataVol1\Music\Music Library folder and new albums are showing up on Roon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.