Roon core options which gen / processor

You can use another jump drive to make a Windows restore/repair/ recover drive very easily, something everyone should do anyway when running Windows. You would then be able to easily return the computer back to that state. My advice would be to setup the Roon core on your system and make sure everything is working and then make the recovery drive. Use another jump drive to load the ROCK setup and go ahead and use it to replace the Windows system with ROCK. If you are happy with ROCK you are done. If not, use the recovery drive to reinstall your Windows system that you already have configured. I tried Windows with Roon on a NUC, old I3 laptop, and desktop without issues. I then tried the ROCK on all three and felt all were much better being dedicated to ROCK. I am currently using an old i7 NUC with ROCK and I am very happy. If I ever change my mind I can easily restore any of the machines back to Windows. I chose the NUC for form factor, but the other two were fine. I did not like dealing with the Windows interfering with things from time to time. With ROCK you set it up and just forget it…

1 Like

sorry I deleted the photo, succesfully installed ROCK and working like a dream. Had to sort out the codec but very chuffed with myself.

2 Likes

Great! You will be pleased with ROCK instead of Windows…

1 Like

Set and forget…my rock is on a 256gb nvme drive too…was the smallest I could get at the time.

2 Likes

Same story for me with the drive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.