Network Details

Routers Netgear R7000P; WIFI\Ethernet,

Audio Devices

Roon Core OS version 1.8 (build 795) on Qnap
Moon 680D Roon ready

Library Size

More or less 40,000 tracks

Description of Issue

After updating QNAP, I’ve lost all link to my music library, Tidal and I lost control of the audio device (Moon 680D). Also, Roon will not find any of the libraries or device, though they exist. Asked to install the audio device, Roon is not finding any. While, Moon Mind2 is actually working without problems.

Help,

Hello @Francois_Beland,

I am so sorry that we’re only getting a chance to reply today. Please, accept my apologies for the delay :pleading_face:

If this issue is still ongoing, I was wondering if you could please try this:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • (Optional) Restore Roon from a backup at least a week before this issue started (please know that all your data about how you use Roon will be lost if you do not perform this step).

Thanks in advance :pray:

Bonjour,

I didn’t understood a word of your first email. Roon has been installed on a Qnap by a technician. You’ll see in the attached Words file, first page, the screen obtained from a click on the Roon Qnap icon. I simply was not able to try your suggestions. I put the whole thing away, with the intention to get back to you. You were kind enough to get back to me first.

The following copies of screen in the Words file are from a drive on the Qnap. I’ve printed all of the files pertaining to Roon. There are no folder using “Roon” only as a name. However, there are many with Roonsomething. Backups are located in one of them. The last backup was modified on May 20 2021.

Folders Database are found in three of them. Which one should be renamed? And, as I do have backup, I should be able to recover the music.

Thanks so much,

François

How can I send Words files?

Hello @Francois_Beland,

Thank you so much for following up on our conversation and for clarifying the information about your Core.

What you’re seeing is probably RoonServer, which is expected considering your Core. Here are the specific instructions in this case:

• Stop RoonServer from running
  • Navigate to your Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database
  • (Optional) - Restore your database from a Backup prior to the issue starting

If you’d like to send us a Word file, please email it at contact@roonlabs.com. Please, make sure to include the link to this thread:

Thank you in advance :pray:

Nothing is working. Roon does not identify the audio equipment. While all is working well on Simaudio Mind2. Mind2 is using the same drive, Tidal, WIFI and connections as Roon.

I need someone on your side to look at the Roon installation on my system.

François.

Hello @Francois_Beland,

I appreciate you keeping in touch. I was wondering, did you get a chance to try any of the steps outlined above?

While logging into your system is not something we can do from our side, we are happy to guide you through everything step by step :nerd_face:

Of course I did! More than once. I’m pretty sure you can help while logging in my system.

François

If you cannot enter into my system. How can this be done? By phone? Facetime? Zoom? Can we set a meeting time?

Hello @Francois_Beland,

I am sorry for my poor choice of words. What I meant to say was that, at the moment, our team can only help via posts on community or over email. Our team is not set up for phone or video calls, or for remotely accessing your computer.

I’ve notified @dylan, one of our technicians, of the issue you’re facing and you should hear back from him very soon :pray:

Hi @Francois_Beland

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

Bonjour,

Problem solved.

The Roon device on QNAP, for the first time since the problem occurred, identified the location of the database. It was on a external drive where it shouldn’t have been. How come this drive ended there, I don’t know. I say I could change the location, identified the correct address, and Roon was running as it always did – see the copies of the old Roon Server QNAP window (Figure 2) and the new one (Figure 1).

The problem seems to have appear with an update. However, why did the Roon Server window on the QNAP gave me the opportunity to change the location of the database remains a mystery.

François Béland

See the Windows files in the E-mail

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.