Roon Core repeatedly stops playing through direct connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini 2010, OS 10.12.6 (Sierra) Roon v1.7 build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Network connection works fine to microRendu. Direct USB connection is the problem. (NEW with this build #610)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Grace Design m9xx

Description Of Issue

My Roon core repeatedly stops playing (I have tried several titles) via direct USB connection to Grace DAC. It won’t play an entire song. This is new behavior with v1.7 build 610, doesn’t matter if I use Roon Remote (iPhone) or direct play command through screen sharing. It stops and moves to the next title or the one after that in the album, but stops all sound out. The core plays fine via Ethernet to microRendu/Quetest. I have also noticed a couple of titles don’t display a complete waveform.

Hi @mixpro,

Is the behavior the same with another USB cable to the DAC?
Does rebooting the Core / DAC trigger any change?
Are you using latest firmware on the Grace DAC?

Noris, Thank you for your reply.
After a full shutdown and restart, I tested the Grace DAC on Mac output (fine) and then re-enabled it in Roon. It seems to be working fine, except it now says “core audio” for the device, Is that correct?
There are no firmware updates for the m9xx and does not need a driver on Mac.

1 Like

Hi @mixpro,

Glad to hear that the reboot helped sort this issue out! Yes, CoreAudio is expected when using a USB output on Mac.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.