Roon Core running on QNAP TVS-471 NAS - Roon Core can't be found anymore

Hello,

Since 2018 I am listening to Roon flawless on my QNAP TVS-471 NAS, even this morning I listened to Roon. But since this afternoon the Roon Core can’t be found on any of my devices.

I have checked the Roon App on the QNAP NAS and it states that it is running.
I already tried to stop and restart the Roon Server a couple of times and I even tried to restart the NAS about 5 times. But without succes, the Roon Core still can’t be found on any device.

The NAS is accessible through a web browser and appears to run as it should be.

I don’t know what to do or what to try anymore, does anyone have an idea that will help me further?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Erwin van Faassen

@Erwin_van_Faassen I started experiencing the same thing this evening. I use a Roon Nucleus as my Roon Core. It was working fine since I received it last month from the RoonLabs online store. Tonight, none of my Roon remotes can find the Core. I’ve rebooted multiple times. I’ve used the app Fing which tells me that my Nucleus is offline. Could there be some Roon system issue? @support

@Craig_Logan thank you for your post.
I have been testing and trying a lot yesterday evening, but with no result, the Roon Core can’t be found on any of my devices.
The QNAP NAS acts normal, it backs up my data to the cloud etc.
It looks like it is a Roon issue, when checking the CPU and memory usage for Roon I notice that it is sky high. The NAS keeps telling me that there is a lack of memory. This was never an issue before.

@support: can you please check for us if there is a problem on the side of Roon?

Hi @Erwin_van_Faassen ,

Can you please use these instructions to access your QNAP logs and upload a set here and let me know once uploaded?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Hi @noris

Thank you for your reply, I followed the instructions and have uploaded the log files.
I hope you can help me solve the problem.

Best regards,
Erwin

Hi @noris,

Did you already have the time to check the log files I have send to you?
I would like to use Roon again after a week without Roon :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Erwin

Hello support,

I already posted a message last friday in the QNAP/Synology NAS area on this community and I don’t know if this message will arrive at the support desk. That’s why I post it again in the support department of this website. It is my fourth day without Roon at the moment and I miss it very much :grinning:

The message I wrote last Friday was:

"Since 2018 I am listening to Roon flawless on my QNAP TVS-471 NAS, even this morning I listened to Roon. But since this afternoon the Roon Core can’t be found on any of my devices.

I have checked the Roon App on the QNAP NAS and it states that it is running.
I already tried to stop and restart the Roon Server a couple of times and I even tried to restart the NAS about 5 times. But without succes, the Roon Core still can’t be found on any device.

The NAS is accessible through a web browser and appears to run as it should be.

I don’t know what to do or what to try anymore, does anyone have an idea that will help me further?

Thanks in advance!"

And on Saturday I wrote an additional message:

"I have been testing and trying a lot yesterday evening, but with no result, the Roon Core can’t be found on any of my devices.
The QNAP NAS acts normal, it backs up my data to the cloud etc.
It looks like it is a Roon issue, when checking the CPU and memory usage for Roon I notice that it is sky high. The NAS keeps telling me that there is a lack of memory. This was never an issue before.

@support: can you please check for us if there is a problem on the side of Roon?"

I hope somebody can help me and get Roon recognized again in my audio system, I love Roon and can’t imagine a life without Roon!

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Erwin van Faassen

Hey @Erwin_van_Faassen,

I am so sorry that we’ve missed your post for this long… :pensive:. If this is still an issue, we’d love to help now.

Could you please let us know what devices are you using as Roon Remotes to connect to your QNAP? What Roon build are they running? Is it the latest one? If not, could you please update them?

Hello @beka,

Thank you for your reply, in the meantime the problem is fixed with a workaround.
A friend of mine helped me moving the Roon Core to an iMac we have here at home, on this iMac we made a network folder to the music folder on the QNAP Nas and Roon is up and running again!

So the problem is solved, but not the way Roon worked before the workaround, but I am so happy Roon is running again that I have no intention to change the setup again.

Thank you again for the response!

Best regards,
Erwin

Hi @Erwin_van_Faassen ,

Glad to hear that you got the Roon Core working on the iMac for the time being! As for the QNAP logs, they do not contain much info, it looks like Roon tries to start but isn’t able to and crashes a few seconds in.

Your iMac will likely do a much better job of hosting the Roon Core than the QNAP, but if you want to try the QNAP again, you should try to delete RoonServer and reinstall it fresh.

Thank you @noris, Roon is running as it should be now, so I will leave the Roon Core on the iMac.
I am so happy that it is working again, as I said it worked flawlessly since 2018 until 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.