Roon Core stalls and reboots after playing from a pause

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus (from 2019) with Western Digital 2TB WD Blue 3D

PC/end is a microsoft Surface Book 2

Networking is handled by a netgear nighthawk with cat 6 cables connecting router to nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Qutest DAC connected to a a Hegel P20 pre-amp

Number of Tracks in Library

12,500 tracks apx

Description of Issue

Since the most recent update of the core, (build 1311) it appears to be crashing frequently. Specifically if i’m streaming from Qobuz and i pause the music. If i return to it a little later (as opposed to right away) when i press play again, it is restarting and then after circa 2-5 seconds it stalls searching for the server. Which then crashes and reboots. It appears to be an issue with the latest build as it started happening after the last update.

Does anyone have a solution/work around for this?
Thanks

Hi @ruairi_blair,

Thank you for your report and please accept our apologies for the delay.

We’ve examined diagnostics from your Nucleus that are automatically received by our servers - there are network reachability failures affecting the device’s attempt to mount storage and receive basic information, like the time of day, from external servers.

Do you have any network security software, VPNs, or firewalls active on this network? There are address resolution errors logged by your Nucleus as well; in the past we have seen Google DNS help with similar reports. Can you try using Google DNS as your router’s DNS server and let us know if you notice a change?

We’ll keep a lookout for your response and troubleshoot from there. Thank you.

Hi Connor,
In answer to your question yes i almost always utilize a VPN, it’s necessary due to my location.

I’ll have a look at using the google DNS, but my technical skills are probably moderate, as opposed to super advanced, so i’ll see what i can manager. thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.