Roon Core still crashing. I can't use it at all. It can't even be updated

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows PC 64-bit OS Windows 10 Home v.1909; 8 GB RAM.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Prebox S2 Digital and Linn Akurate DS - USB.

Description Of Issue
My app is still crashing. I can’t use it at all. It can’t even be updated.

Please help me. Thanks.

Sorry to hear you’re having troubles, @Andrej_Repovsky!

Are you receiving any errors when it crashes, or does it just close after you try to open it?

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

My app is still crashing. No message will appear during the crash. Now I still have to learn how to find Roon logs and how to send it to you.

I sent you Roon logs and RAAT logs via Dropbox.
Thanks
Andrej

For Storage I´m using Synology™ DiskStation DS916+ (8GB) 4x HDD NAS VMware®, Citrix®, Microsoft® Hyper-V®
with 3 X WD Red 3,5" HDD 6,0TB IntelliPower RPM 64MB SATA 6Gb/s
Thank You
Andrej

Is anybody home?
Why do I have to wait so long? My Roon app is still crashing.
well thank you!
Andrej

1 Like

I have the same problem.Every day Roon core crashes few time
Very confused
My core is a Qnap TS-470Pro latest update

After a few weeks of trouble-free operation, my Roon started falling after a few seconds, so I can’t use it at all. I’m very sad about it, because Roon is the best player I’ve used so far and its structure suits me very well.

Hello @Andrej_Repovsky, could you please post a link to the logs here so I can take a look over them with the team? Thanks!

Here are my Roon logs and RAAT logs:

Thank You
Andrej

Hello @Andrej_Repovsky, thanks for providing those links! I have passed your info over to the QA team for further analysis and will return with their feedback as soon as I hear back from them.

Hello,
Roon Core still crashing without warning.
Since the answer did not come, I decided to install Roon core on an external 500 GB Samsung T7 usb disk of my NAS Synology™ DiskStation DS916+ (8GB) with 4 X WD Red 3,5" HDD 6,0TB IntelliPower RPM 64MB SATA 6Gb/s.
After half a day of trouble-free operation, the next day the history repeats itself.
Roon falls again without warning. I’m desperate for that.
Can someone help me? Please.

Hello @Andrej_Repovsky,

Please accept our apologies for the delay here! I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our review queue. A member of our QA team should be reviewing this soon and providing feedback.

I’ve requested an update from the team and upped the priority in our tracker so I should be able to get back to you soon with an update. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hello @Andrej_Repovsky, and thanks for your patience while I discussed this issue with our QA team. Could you please access this directory “C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Local\Roon\Database\Registry\Client” and look for any files starting with the letters “GMS” then delete them? Afterward, please try to reproduce the issue and if you’re able to, please reply here with a timestamp of when the issue occurred, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.