Roon Core stops playing and "resets" audio zones

Windows 10 core i5 laptop
4gb ram
64 bit
Roon Server 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Zxyel emg 3525 t50b
Server is connected via ethernet
Remotes via WiFi (remote and all devices are up to date)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Audio is sent via WiFi to 2x raspberry pi running RopieeeXL

Description Of Issue

I have an intermittent problem when playing music. The playback will stop, the audio zones will disappear for a few seconds, then slowly reload and after a minute or so I can press play and start the song from the same position. Sometimes I get a Tidal loading slowly message just before the reset, although I couldn’t say if each time as I’m not normally looking at the remote when it happens.

I also think that all loading of screens, saved playlists (the list of playlists loads fine but clicking on a playlist to take me to the contents shows a grey rectangle for an extended period before it loads) has slowed down on the remote.

I suspect it’s a software issue rather than connectivity as I haven’t noticed other issues with the WiFi.

Can anyone help with any suggestions for where to begin with diagnostics?

Hi @Laurence_Smith,

Does the same behavior occur if you play to System Output of the Win10 laptop?

Hi @dylan

I tried playing it today though system output and it paused several times and I had to press play manually again but didn’t reset in the same way… Although as the problem is intermittent it is hard to say for sure if it will occur with more time.

I obtained an ethernet cable, so my main raspberry pi is now hard wired, and the problem is still present. I was able to observe it more closely today (in the android app) , first it says Tidal is loading slowly, the music stops although the app still responds and allows me to press pause and press play again (with no audio response) , after a few seconds the manage audio zones button comes up, then eventually the zone reloads with no music showing, then eventually the song will show again and I can press play and resume listening.

Hi @dylan,

Okay, so I experimented with a few different configurations today.

The problem definitely occurs in the same way when I use Windows 10 system output from the laptop

The problem (apart from the Tidal error message) also occurs when I choose local music files and play them through ethernet to the Raspberry pi.

Hello @Laurence_Smith, so I wanted to clarify that the problem occurs when playing local files to system output of your Windows 10 core and your android remote? Are you able to try this with your firewall/antivirus temporarily disabled on the core to see if that works?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.