Roon Core streaming to Macbook M1 internal speakers instead of Metric Halo ULN-8 (ref#9DF8IH)

Affected Product

Roon

Description of Issue

The Mac Mini Roon Server streams to a separate Netgear switch via Ethernet LAN to a Metric Halo ULN-8 audio interface (this device is currently my only desired endpoint).

This Mac Mini M1 also has the Metric Halo ULN-8’s control software: “MIOConsole”).

I have spent some hours troubleshooting this issue … and both computers, and all streaming related apps, have been restarted multiple times since migration and OS updates. The Metric Halo ULN-8 and it software do not seem to be at fault.

Prior to migration, remote control via MacBook running Roon allowed did not force laptop internal audio.
Now, Roon (force) plays through the Macbook “Roon Remote” internal speakers – regardless of it not being enabled as a Roon endpoint.

I do not wish to have Roon stream to the remote Macbook, but I cannot silence it without completely muting the Macbook M1’s internal speakers, which silences all other apps and notifications.

Below are are some screenshots of the settings.

Roon Server Platform

MacOS on a headless Mac Mini is headless.
I remotely control it from the Macbook M1 with Apple screen-sharing app.

Roon Server Specifications

Roon Core: Mac Mini M1 (modem connected via Ethernet (latest updated operating and Roon software)
Wi-fi Roon Remote: Macbook M1 (all latest updated operating and Roon software)

The Mac Mini streams to a separate Netgear switch via Ethernet LAN to a Metric Halo ULN-8 audio interface (this device is currently my only desired endpoint).

Connected Audio Devices

Metric Halo ULN-8 connected via MH proprietary ethernet

Home Network Details

Ethernet connected to fibre modem

Screenshot

When you are playing to the ULN-8 endpoint, what does Roon show as the signal path? At the play controls, tap on the fuzzy dot, at the left of the Previous button, above the progress bar.

I suspect that it has something to do with the ULN-8 being connected by Ethernet. Can you try connecting it by USB to either your Mini or laptop?