Roon Core Version 1.8 850 / SonicTransport i5 v2.8 is causing my local library to consistently pause

What’s not working:
Since the update to Roon Core Version 1.8 850 on our SonicTransport i5 v2.8 my local library is pausing randomly. Sometimes a couple of times within a song, sometimes after 15 minutes of play or after several hours of play. Before the Linux upgrade on the SonicTransport, I had no playback issues and everything just worked. Andrew from SGC suggested I contact Roon Support. I don’t mind re-installing the Core software but want to try and avoid restoring the library from a backup, which has caused issues in the past (losing Genre info, duplicating albums, etc). Rebuilding the library is okay but do not want to lose my playlists. They system is basically unusable for playing music and I don’t want to revert back to iTunes for the holidays :blush:

How often does the issue occur:
Continually. Usually the music pauses within a few minutes. Sometimes if lucky it will play for a few hours. The pausing seems completely random.

If you’re having a crash or an issue that happens sporadically, it’s helpful if you can let us know an approximate time for when it last happened:
All day and too often, please see above

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build):
V2.8 build 850
Core is on a SonicTransporter i5 Version: 2.8
Library Size: 3,582 Albums, 63,812 tracks

Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build):
Roon Remote from Apple App Store for iOS and from the Roon site for the MAC as a controller

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured):
Draytek Vigor 2926 router with 2 Cisco SG112 gigabit 24 port switches

Audio devices in use:
2 VSSl A6 for audio distribution around our home. https://vssl.com/product/a-6/ and a Marantz 7013 for our main listening
1 micro Rendu network connected and optically connected to the Marantz

Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library):
Music is stored on an internal Sonic Samsung 2 TB SSD in the Sonic

Thanks, Ron

Let me know how this goes.

You should export your playlists as M3U files that way you will always have them even if you don’t restore you database.

Hi Support!

Can you give me an eta for a response. I really need some help to review the logs to see if this is a network issue or a software issue.

Thanks!

Ron

Thanks Andrew, good advice Waiting on support to respond.