Roon Core won't load on Brand New Mac Mini 2018

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Brand new Mac Mini running 10.14.4

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to Mac Mini attempting to load fresh download of Roon Core OSX

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Bluesound Vault 2i on Ethernet and Node 2i over WiFi

Description Of Issue

Roon Core won’t load and can’t be accessed by Ipad running Roon App

Hi Alan,

Did you install Roon or Roon Server? Do you see either program in your Applications Folder on the Mac?

Cheers, Greg

Roon - full fat!

Roon, not Roon Server

Do you get the Roon startup screen when you launch it from Applications Folder? Is there an Error message?

Cheers, Greg

No, I get the white screen with the Roon logo in the middle as per the image attached to my first message.

Ok, I’m tagging @support to give you a hand. In the meantime, are you running and Antivirus or the Mac Firewall?

Cheers, Greg

No, I’ve disabled these.

Is there someone I can speak to?

I’ve had Roon for a week now and tried it on my Macbook 1st, over a weekend without any success.

Now I’ve bought a new fast Mac Mini and I’m halfway through another weekend and getting no where.

I thought this was going to be simple and easy but I’m regretting the time I’ve spent on this already!

Hi Alan,

Support is handled here in the Support category of the Community. It can be helpful to others who may run into a similar problem as you.

The support people from Roon will contact you here, when they’re available.

I’m sure they’ll be able to get you sorted.

Cheers, Greg

Ok Greg, apologies, I thought you were support.

Sadly there’s no picture showing up here (at least not for me). Here is a guide how you can post screenshots.

Maybe you want to try and follow the official ‘Installing Roon’ article. You can then report the step where you get stuck here.

Hi @Alan_Wood1,

I would definitely suggest taking a look at the link @BlackJack posted for Roon installation instructions:
Installing Roon on OSX.

You mentioned that you see the Roon logo pop up and a white screen. If Roon is not opening at all, I would double check to make sure that you have the correct permissions for Roon to run. As mentioned in the article:

On occasion, Roon may not have the correct permissions to run on OS X. If you attempt to launch Roon and the icon bounces but Roon never opens, your permissions may not be set up correctly. To fix this, first make sure Roon is not running. Then, you’ll need to open Terminal, then, just copy this command (CMD+C) and then paste it into the terminal window (CMD+V):

sudo chown $(whoami) ~ ~/Library; chmod u+rwx ~/ ~/Library

If that does not work, I would next check the font permissions:

If you’re still having issues, it may be related to OS X’s enabled fonts.To fix the issue, open the application “Font Book” on your Mac. When you open “Font Book” you’ll notice that some fonts or styles are grayed out and say “Off”, which prevents applications from accessing those fonts. Right click Arial in the list, and click Enable. This will give Roon access to Arial and your next launch should be successful.

Can you let me know if you have any antivirus applications which could be blocking Roon from operating properly? In the past we have seen issues with Bullguard, Little Snitch, McAfee and Norton interrupting the regular usage of Roon.

I would check to see if there is any change in behavior with your antivirus temporarily disabled, and if there is we know to take a closer look in that direction. I would also make sure that both Roon and RAATServer are added as exceptions to the OSX firewall by following these instructions.

Please let me know if any of my above suggestions help with launching Roon.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.