Roon core won't restart after update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini 2012
8Gb RAM
250 Gb SSD
Roon Server 1.7 Build 511

Music files on synology NAS presented as a mapped network drive to the macbook mini (ethernet connection)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired network using a couple of D-link switches for everything but control points

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim ND5-XS2 into Chord Qutest by coaxial
Rasberry Pi 4 runing RoPieee into Chord Hugo by USB

Description Of Issue

Hi - the last two updates to the roon core haven’t gone smoothly for me. Both times I have opened a macbook control point, been notified of an update, and started updates on core and other devices as offered. The core hasn’t restarted automatically, can’t be restarted manually, and doesn’t restart after rebooting the macbook mini. Second time was tonight (version 505 to 511 I think).

Downloading a fresh version of the core and reinstalling on the mac mini works. What can I do to make it easier for myself ? Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for reporting the problem - I saw exactly the same symptoms on my Mac Mini (late 2014, Core i7, 16 GiB RAM, 500 GB SSD, running macOS 10.12.6).

Forgot to say OS is 10.14.6, cpu is i5

A post was split to a new topic: Roon update didn’t finish and NUC doesn’t boot

Hi @stevet/@thumb5,

We are aware of an issue surrounding RoonServer auto-updating on MacOS from build 500/505 to the new build. It is suggested that you download a new RoonServer version from our downloads page and upgrade that way, installing a new version of RoonServer through the installer should preserve your database. Thanks!

Thanks. That’s what I did and it worked well. Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.