Macbook Pro (15“, 2017, Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB); MacOs Monterey 12.6

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: Fritz!Box 7530 FRITZ!OS 07.29 Synology DS214play Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Majik DSM 2009 variant, software version 4.92.4359, connected ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

14k tracks

Description of Issue

after a short time (10 Minutes or so) listening music Roon core crashes.

This could be related to your MacBook power settings.
Change the power settings so the Mac is not sleeping, the display does not dim, and hard drives are not put to sleep and see if that helps.

Also: There is a free app on the App Store called Amphetamine. You can use this app to keep your MacBook awake while Roon is running.

crashes also when power settings are set ‘not sleeping’ etc.; with amphetamine: same story also when I use the powerbook for playing music.

If you play to a different endpoint, like the Mac’s system audio, does it crash?

Hi @Guenther_Koch,

Thank you for taking the time to write and for providing your completed support template.

It looks like your core is offline (possibly from the last crash). I would like to take a look at diagnostics for your core though.

Did you get a chance to try @Rugby’s suggestion? If you could chime in and start up your core, perhaps the diagnostics will tell us more. If you happen to experience a crash again I can look at diagnostics from any date/time frame you report back here too.

Thanks in advance,
Wes

With the Mac system audio Roon works.
Today linn majik dsm as audio device was not visible in roon, also not displayed in linn config or kazoo. Multiple resets and restarts of the software packages then allowed a connection again. After listening to music for about half an hour via roon and the linn device, the music stopped: the audio device linn studio (the name in my network for the maijk dsm) was gone.

Hi @Guenther_Koch,

Thank you for letting us know. We apparently have a ticket open for issues with the Linn Majik line and it looks like a fix will be implemented in the next couple of weeks. I will leave our thread open so that when it starts working for you, you’ll be able to let me know.

Thanks,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.